Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A similar case - Norman Ladner, Mississippi teenager found in 1989 on railway tracks.

Ladner Case vs. Ives & Henry Case
I have made a couple of "vs." posts lately because I feel certain cases are quite similar. However, I had never seen the Norman Ladner case until tonight and I must say that the first thing that popped into my mind was the Ives & Henry case. These two cases are not just similar, but eeringly similar. I am probably not the first to make this observation, and would like to hear fellow poster's opinions on this notion.

Take away the fact that Ives and Henry happened to be laid on train tracks after their death, and these two cases appear nearly identical. All 3 boys were right around 17 years old. Ives and Henry had a .22 rifle and were walking rural land in Arkansas. Ladner also had a .22 rifle as was walking rural land in Mississippi. Both cases were ruled accidents or suicides by authorities. In both cases the parents have persisted in their own investigations and have turned up links to organized drug smuggling, and in both cases the police appear to be somewhat involved in a cover-up (there is more evidence of this in the Ives and Henry case though). All three deaths appear to be a case of the kids being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The motive for murder in both cases appears to be the silence of a witness to high level drug smuggling.

I wonder if Ives' and Henry's parents have ever been in contact with Ladner's parents?

At any rate, a very interesting case and I am glad I got to see it before LRW takes the show off the air soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment